Instructions on Application for Renunciation of Chinese Nationality
1. Conditions for Application:
- The applicants are near relatives of foreign nationals;
- T he applicants have settled abroad;
- T he applicants have other legitimate reasons.
2. Authorities to Accept, Review and Approve Applications
The authorities that accept applications for renunciation of Chinese nationality are China's public security bureaus of the cities and counties where the applicants reside, as well as China's diplomatic representative agencies and consular offices abroad. The applications for renunciation of Chinese nationality are subject to review and approval by the Ministry of Public Security of the People's Republic of China.
3. Application Process
(1) Fill in the Application Form for Renunciation of Chinese Nationality;
(2) Submit a written declaration on voluntarily applying for renunciation of Chinese nationality;
(3) Submit corresponding supporting materials: certificate of Chinese nationality; certificate of acquisition of foreign nationality; supporting materials stating the reasons for the application and other materials deemed by the authorities that are responsible for accepting the application to be relevant to the application for renunciation of Chinese nationality.
Any person who applies for renunciation of Chinese nationality shall lose Chinese nationality upon approval of his/her application. Any person who loses his/her Chinese nationality shall go through exit-entry procedures in accordance with the regulations for foreigners.
Notice: The English version is only for reference. To learn more, please refer to the authoritative Chinese version.