Instructions on Application for Naturalization as a Chinese National
1. Conditions for Application
Foreign nationals or stateless persons who are willing to abide by China's Constitution and laws and meet one of the following conditions may be naturalized as a Chinese national upon approval of their applications:
(1) The applicants are near relatives of Chinese nationals；
(2) The applicants have settled in China;
(3) The applicants have other legitimate reasons;
2. Authorities to Accept, Review and Approve Applications
The application for naturalization as a Chinese national at home shall be handled by the public security bureaus of the cities or counties where the applicants reside; the applications abroad shall be handled by China's diplomatic representative agencies and consular offices. The application for naturalization as a Chinese national is subject to review and approval by the Ministry of Public Security of the People's Republic of China.
3. Application Process
(1) Fill in the Application Form for Naturalization as a National of People's Republic of China;
(2) Submit a written declaration on voluntarily applying for naturalization as a Chinese national and renunciation of foreign nationality;
(3) Submit corresponding supporting materials: duplicate of foreign passport; supporting materials stating the reasons for the application, and other materials deemed by the authorities that are responsible for accepting the application to be relevant to the application for naturalization as a Chinese national.
Applicants shall not retain their foreign nationality upon approval of their application for naturalization as a Chinese national. Those having acquired Chinese nationality shall go through exit-entry procedures in accordance with the regulations for Chinese citizens.
Notice: The English version is only for reference. To learn more, please refer to the authoritative Chinese version.